About

Our congregation was founded as the First Baptist Church of Oberlin, Ohio  in July of 1866. In the Spring of 2000, in a consensus process,  the members of the  congregation voted to change our name to Peace Community Church. The new name reflects the evolving nature of the church, and better communicates the church’s mission – to reflect a vision for the church that understands work for peace and justice, and the commitment to build a community that welcomes, nurtures, challenges, and encourages all — as integral to following Jesus. Throughout 2016, we will be celebrating the 150 years of the life of this congregation.

Our affiliations include:

 

Church photos 007

Commencement 2011 057

  • We are located at 44 E. Lorain Street which is across the street from the rear of the Allen Art Museum on the Oberlin College Campus
  • Lorain Street is also Route 511 which has an exit  off of Route 20 as you come into Oberlin.  We are half a block East of Main Street (Route 58) between Main and Pleasant Streets. Map
  • Parking for cars and bikes is behind the Church as is our Handicap Access Lift
  • Call us at 440.774.3031 or email steve.hammond@oberlin.edu or mary.hammond@oberlin.edu
Check us out!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA